Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/02/22 03:25:48 UTC

Need Entity to hold Payroll deductionType, value (flat amount or %) and occurrence

Hi,
Payroll has DeductionType and Deduction entity to help manage
deduction on paycheck. There are various kinds of deductions that are
Flat (like $250/month) or % value (like 6.5% of gross). These
deductions can have various occurrence rules for how often then occur.
I expected fields like flatAmount, percentage on DeductionType entity
to hold these values. Also may be a relationship with WorkEffort
entity to hold occurrence  value.

If did not find any such entity that will do that job. I'll like to
get help to figure out How to implement this, Or Do we even need to
worry about them.

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Need Entity to hold Payroll deductionType, value (flat amount or %) and occurrence

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@yahoo.com>
> Maybe we could just output hours worked data in a file format that will be accepted by payroll processing companies - like ADP.
>
> Writing our own payroll module could open up a big can of worms due to varying labor and tax laws.

I agree, and moreover this is changing all the time...

Jacques