Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2007/10/18 21:26:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6 and apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3

The Continuum crew had a bunch of good suggestions to make the generated
NOTICE files more organized and more readable as well as reproduceable.
(sorted instead of random map ordering)   I'd like to get this released
so they can use it.

Staging areas:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-rr/
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-bundle/

Tags:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/resources/tags/apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3/

The main changes to the plugin are:
* Sorted the list of projects by Artifact
* Added "projectsSortedByOrganization" key into the Velocity context that
is a map of the projects grouped by the organization.  (Organization is
the key, value is a list of projects)

The apache-jar-resource-bundle changes are:
* Group projects from the same organization together (then sorted by
Project Artifact)
* Provide option to display the version number for each project (set
addVersion property to true)
* Provide option to display the full Artifact string for each project
(set addArtifact to true)

Many thanks to Emmanuel Venisse for his work and contributions!

Here's my +1!

Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6 and apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

On 18 Oct 07, at 12:26 PM 18 Oct 07, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> The Continuum crew had a bunch of good suggestions to make the
> generated
> NOTICE files more organized and more readable as well as
> reproduceable.
> (sorted instead of random map ordering)   I'd like to get this
> released
> so they can use it.
>
> Staging areas:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-rr/
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-bundle/
>
> Tags:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-remote-
> resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6/
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/resources/tags/apache-jar-
> resource-bundle-1.3/
>
> The main changes to the plugin are:
> * Sorted the list of projects by Artifact
> * Added "projectsSortedByOrganization" key into the Velocity
> context that
> is a map of the projects grouped by the organization.
> (Organization is
> the key, value is a list of projects)
>
> The apache-jar-resource-bundle changes are:
> * Group projects from the same organization together (then sorted by
> Project Artifact)
> * Provide option to display the version number for each project (set
> addVersion property to true)
> * Provide option to display the full Artifact string for each project
> (set addArtifact to true)
>
> Many thanks to Emmanuel Venisse for his work and contributions!
>
> Here's my +1!
>
> Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> --
> J. Daniel Kulp
> Principal Engineer
> IONA
> P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194
> daniel.kulp@iona.com
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: [VOTE] Release maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6 and apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

On Monday 22 October 2007, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> +1 but can we switch to beta or final for the next one? looks like
> it's ready

Agreed for next time.   I thought about it for this one, but we did
fundamentally change the behavior quite a bit (the sorting) and added
some keys into the velocity context so the changes are pretty big.
Thought one more "alpha" round might be a good idea.

Dan

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
+1 but can we switch to beta or final for the next one? looks like it's ready

On 10/18/07, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Continuum crew had a bunch of good suggestions to make the generated
> NOTICE files more organized and more readable as well as reproduceable.
> (sorted instead of random map ordering)   I'd like to get this released
> so they can use it.
>
> Staging areas:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-rr/
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-bundle/
>
> Tags:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6/
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/resources/tags/apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3/
>
> The main changes to the plugin are:
> * Sorted the list of projects by Artifact
> * Added "projectsSortedByOrganization" key into the Velocity context that
> is a map of the projects grouped by the organization.  (Organization is
> the key, value is a list of projects)
>
> The apache-jar-resource-bundle changes are:
> * Group projects from the same organization together (then sorted by
> Project Artifact)
> * Provide option to display the version number for each project (set
> addVersion property to true)
> * Provide option to display the full Artifact string for each project
> (set addArtifact to true)
>
> Many thanks to Emmanuel Venisse for his work and contributions!
>
> Here's my +1!
>
> Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> --
> J. Daniel Kulp
> Principal Engineer
> IONA
> P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194
> daniel.kulp@iona.com
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

[RESULT][VOTE] Release maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6 and apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
This vote has been open for 4 days now.

Result:
+1 PMC binding: 4 votes (jason, carlos, aheritier, emmanuel)
+1 non-PMC: 2 dkulp, olamy

No other votes.   Thus, this vote has passed.   I'll get the artifacts
deployed now.

Thanks!
Dan

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

Arnaud

On 19/10/2007, olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1.
> --
> Olivier
>
> 2007/10/18, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>:
> >

> > The Continuum crew had a bunch of good suggestions to make the generated
> > NOTICE files more organized and more readable as well as reproduceable.
> > (sorted instead of random map ordering)   I'd like to get this released
> > so they can use it.
> >
> > Staging areas:
> > http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-rr/
> > http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-bundle/
> >
> > Tags:
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6/
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/resources/tags/apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3/
> >
> > The main changes to the plugin are:
> > * Sorted the list of projects by Artifact
> > * Added "projectsSortedByOrganization" key into the Velocity context
> that
> > is a map of the projects grouped by the organization.  (Organization is
> > the key, value is a list of projects)
> >
> > The apache-jar-resource-bundle changes are:
> > * Group projects from the same organization together (then sorted by
> > Project Artifact)
> > * Provide option to display the version number for each project (set
> > addVersion property to true)
> > * Provide option to display the full Artifact string for each project
> > (set addArtifact to true)
> >
> > Many thanks to Emmanuel Venisse for his work and contributions!
> >
> > Here's my +1!
> >
> > Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > --
> > J. Daniel Kulp
> > Principal Engineer
> > IONA
> > P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194
> > daniel.kulp@iona.com
> > http://www.dankulp.com/blog

> Olivier

Arnaud HERITIER
OCTO Technology - aheritier AT octo DOT com
www.octo.com | blog.octo.com
ASF - aheritier AT apache DOT org
www.apache.org | maven.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6 and apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1.
--
Olivier

2007/10/18, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>:

> The Continuum crew had a bunch of good suggestions to make the generated
> NOTICE files more organized and more readable as well as reproduceable.
> (sorted instead of random map ordering)   I'd like to get this released
> so they can use it.
>
> Staging areas:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-rr/
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage-bundle/
>
> Tags:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-remote-resources-plugin-1.0-alpha-6/
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/resources/tags/apache-jar-resource-bundle-1.3/
>
> The main changes to the plugin are:
> * Sorted the list of projects by Artifact
> * Added "projectsSortedByOrganization" key into the Velocity context that
> is a map of the projects grouped by the organization.  (Organization is
> the key, value is a list of projects)
>
> The apache-jar-resource-bundle changes are:
> * Group projects from the same organization together (then sorted by
> Project Artifact)
> * Provide option to display the version number for each project (set
> addVersion property to true)
> * Provide option to display the full Artifact string for each project
> (set addArtifact to true)
>
> Many thanks to Emmanuel Venisse for his work and contributions!
>
> Here's my +1!
>
> Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> --
> J. Daniel Kulp
> Principal Engineer
> IONA