Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/03 18:33:32 UTC

Travel Assistance: ApacheCon Europe

The Apache OpenOffice project has a fund established with the Apache
Treasurer for the purpose of providing travel assistance to members of the
OpenOffice community needing financial assistance to attend ApacheCon
Europe.

The deadline for application is August 16, 2012. I suggest that we give
special consideration to those who have submitted a proposal for a talk,
and/or those who wish to volunteer and make this a great OpenOffice track
and a great ApacheCon Europe.

Please note Q7 on the application form where you can identify your
membership in the OpenOffice project. This looks like the best way to flag
your application for consideration.

I have asked the TAC team for their advice on how best to establish a
dedicated workflow for processing these applications. So I expect we'll
learn more about how to do this, and will need to make some adjustments
accordingly.

/don