Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul Baker <ba...@mayaviz.com> on 2002/04/17 18:33:16 UTC

axis beta 1 and document style, best approach?

Hello,

Looking for a better approach for my java client to deal with a .Net
service.  Doesn't seem to be any examples, or even vague references, that
deal with document style soap envelopes in the Axis beta 1 documentation.

I'm new to axis, so I suspect I may be missing the point and doing things
the hard way.

To get some data into my client...I make up my own document style envelope
and build a SOAPEnvelope object, by using the SOAPEnvelope contructor method
that accepts an inputstream.  I use the call.invoke(customEnv) method, which
returns a soap envelope object.  Then I end up parsing the response envelope
on my own using DOM, and finally place the data into my client application
data format.

Theres must be an easier way, right?  My approach works, but theres more of
my own code doing the plumbing chores than I'd like.

Regards,
Paul