Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by ronp <rp...@me.com> on 2011/06/08 02:08:56 UTC

Unable to specify a different username.attribute with ActiveDirectoryRealm config

I used the Quickstart.java class and modified it use my active.ini file
using:
Factory<SecurityManager> factory = new
IniSecurityManagerFactory("classpath:active.ini");

----- active.ini ------
[main]
activeDirectoryRealm =
org.apache.shiro.realm.activedirectory.ActiveDirectoryRealm
activeDirectoryRealm.systemUsername = xxx
activeDirectoryRealm.systemPassword = xxxx
activeDirectoryRealm.url = ldap://my_ad_ldap:389/

I can successfully authenticate a token like
  UsernamePasswordToken token = new UsernamePasswordToken("Test1 Pomeroy",
"xxxxxxxxxxx");

However, I need the user to use his sAMAccountName to authenticate.  But
when I add

activeDirectoryRealm.username.attribute = "sAMAccountName"

to active.ini and try the following token
  UsernamePasswordToken token = new UsernamePasswordToken("chq-test1p",
"xxxxxxxxxxx");

I get the following error:

org.apache.shiro.config.ConfigurationException: Unable to determine if
property [username.attribute] represents a java.util.Set</pre>

I've tried a couple alternate attributes and get the same error.

Any suggestions/leads greatly appreciated.

Ron