Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alfonso Olias Sanz <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/19 18:51:08 UTC

[core] dfs.getFileCacheHints () returns an empty matrix for an existing file

HI there,

I am trying to get the hostnames where  a file is contained
      dfs.getFileCacheHints(inFile, 0, 100);

But for a reason I cannot guess, some files that are in the HDFS the
returning String[][] is empty.

if I list the file using bin/hadoop -ls path | grep fileName   The file appears.

Also I am able to get the FileStatus dfs.getFileStatus(inFile);

What I am trying to do is for a list of files, get the hostnames were
the files are phisically stored.

Thanks
alfonso