Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com> on 2001/06/21 18:40:25 UTC

RE[2]: start up tomcat from a virtual terminal

At 10:39 AM 6/21/2001, you wrote:
>Thanks for yours answers, sincerely. I can already close the window of the
>XTerminal usig "nohup" command, but the window of the Xterminal is opened by
>a client of Xterminal, when I close the client's instance, the tomcat shut
>down, or if I turn off my computer(when I star up the XTerminal), the tomcat
>falls too. It is as if the tomcat was connected somehow to the remote
>machine.
>
>Some idea?

And you tried issuing "nohup blablablab &" as the root user?

nohup terminated with a "&" should do it.

-Tim

RE: RE[2]: start up tomcat from a virtual terminal

Posted by Mario Vera <ma...@infomap.com.mx>.
Hi
Yes, I?m using "nohup" command and "&" to start my sh script whit root user.

Some another idea?
Thanks