Posted to user@aurora.apache.org by "Periquet, Arnel" <Ar...@sabre.com> on 2017/02/08 15:03:07 UTC

Problem building 0.16.0 release

Hi,

I am trying to build what I believe to be the latest official release 0.16.0 (as inferred from the pull down on documentation "0.16.0 (latest)".
I am assuming this is the latest stable release so I wanted to generate and obtain the aurora-api JAR for my project based on that rather than the latest Git pull.

However, I get the following error when I perform a build via 'vagrant up' using the downloaded tar for that version:

==> devcluster: 14:45:27 00:00       [chroot]
==> devcluster:
==> devcluster:                    created pex copy dist/thermos.pex
==> devcluster:
==> devcluster:                Waiting for background workers to finish.
==> devcluster:
==> devcluster: 14:45:28 00:01   [complete]
==> devcluster:
==> devcluster:                SUCCESS
==> devcluster: stop: Unknown instance:
==> devcluster: aurora-thermos-observer start/running, process 2683
==> devcluster: /usr/local/bin/aurorabuild: line 57: ./gradlew: No such file or directory
The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant
assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command
should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what
went wrong.

C:\devtools\apache-aurora-0.16.0>

I tried searching for the gradle installation then adding it to the path environment variable, but I had no luck there.
The latest git download, of course, works without any issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Arnel

Re: Problem building 0.16.0 release

Posted by "Periquet, Arnel" <Ar...@sabre.com>.
That explains it. I'll do that. Thank you.

On Feb 8, 2017, at 12:07 PM, Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org>> wrote:

For legal reasons, we cannot distribute the `./gradlew` wrapper script in the tarballs we put up on apache.org<http://apache.org>.

If you have a git checkout, just checkout the 0.16.0 tag to build in Vagrant.

…

--
Zameer Manji

Re: Problem building 0.16.0 release