Posted to users@camel.apache.org by IanPea <ia...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/03 07:14:40 UTC

Best RES-component with SSL

As keen Camel-User,  I must try this question.

Which of the Rest-component can be recomended for secure HTTPS/SSL,
is there possibly a good example, with this componentin a  REST-route with
https/SSL !?

Kind regards
  Ian Pea.

We have the freedom of choosing the component freely, (Jetty, Restlet,
Netty),
but would need to get the SSL right quickly.

On the Forum, one sees issues about this question, a bit unsettling.

Re: Best RES-component with SSL

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi,
handling SSL/TLS in Java can be a bit complicated, you would want to
be at the latest Java version to get the benefits of newer
protocols/algorithms. Having said that, all the components that you
mentioned (and most others IIRC), are configured using the common
SSLContextParameters parameter, and that makes it pretty easy IMHO,

zoran

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 8:14 AM, IanPea <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As keen Camel-User,  I must try this question.
>
> Which of the Rest-component can be recomended for secure HTTPS/SSL,
> is there possibly a good example, with this componentin a  REST-route with
> https/SSL !?
>

> Kind regards
>   Ian Pea.
>

> We have the freedom of choosing the component freely, (Jetty, Restlet,
> Netty),
> but would need to get the SSL right quickly.
>
> On the Forum, one sees issues about this question, a bit unsettling.

Zoran Regvart

Re: Best RES-component with SSL

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
In general if you have several rest services that need https I find it
easier to have some proxy to offload the https for you as configuring that
in Camel/Karaf can be very tricky. I use nginx to off load the https and
let Camel focus on the route logic.