Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chetan Agrawal <ca...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/28 11:44:08 UTC

memory management module of Namenode

I read that the namenode keeps all the metadata record in main memory right for fast access.
I want to study the code where the namenode is instructed to do so i.e. to keep metadata record in main memory. where can i find the source code file for this namenode memory management? i am using github and have 'hadoop-common' repository.

Re: memory management module of Namenode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

The central class is FSNamesystem.java downwards. I'd advise drilling
down from the NameNodeRpcServer sources at
https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/trunk/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode/NameNodeRpcServer.java,
for any client operation your curiosity wants to dive into.

--
Harsh J

Re: memory management module of Namenode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: memory management module of Namenode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: memory management module of Namenode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J