Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <js...@home.com> on 2000/11/01 03:45:32 UTC

Re: Win98 & Tomcat 3.1 - Starts to launch but then exists???

I also have experienced the same problem in some machines, and have found
another esoteric solution: (given that you have setup Tomcat according to
the documentation, and solved the issue of the environment space., etc.).

For some reason the commmand

tomcat run

works fine, while

tomcat start

doesn't. Note that the only difference between the two calls is that "tomcat
start"  starts tomcat in a *new* window while "tomcat run" starts tomcat in
the same window.  When the problem happens (let's say in 3 of 6 computers
that we have set up for the development team, with paralel and identical
layouts...) we just edit startup.bat and change tomcat start to tomcat run.

Please let me know it it helps.

Julio Serje
Calian Tech.