Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Ghazi TRIKI <gh...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 15:35:08 UTC

Adding ToggleSwitch component to Spark Components

Hi,

Why do not add a ToggleSwitch component to the SDK like this one?
http://yonaskolb.com/blog/2012/1/18/flex-toggle-switch-spark-skin.html. It
can be a more advanced one with multiple states.

Ghazi Triki
Thanks

Re: Adding ToggleSwitch component to Spark Components

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
1) It's mobile-only.
2) It's hard to change the skinning of it.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Adding ToggleSwitch component to Spark Components

Posted by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hehe Alex,

I already feared somebody would say that ;)
> I believe that LGPL is off-limits for Apache.

Opensource != Opensource ;) This Legal stuff
is pretty annoying sometimes. However, as you
can see in the code [1], the spark.components.CheckBox
can be reused to provide a ToggleSwitch look&feel.

--
Sebastian (PPMC)
Interaction Designer

Looking for a Login Example with Apache Flex? Please check out this code:
http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample

[1]
https://github.com/People-in-action/eskimo/blob/master/piaMobileTheme/src/main/flex/com/pialabs/eskimo/skins/mobile/ios/MobileCheckBoxSkin.mxml

Re: Adding ToggleSwitch component to Spark Components

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Adding ToggleSwitch component to Spark Components

Posted by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

the eskimo library [1][2] also has a toggleswitch skin
for the spark.components.CheckBox component [3].
The Eskimo guys use the LGPL license. Would this
of need for us?

--
Sebastian (PPMC)
Interaction Designer

Looking for a Login Example with Apache Flex? Please check out this code:
http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample

[1] http://blog.e-skimo.com/
[2] https://github.com/People-in-action/eskimo
[3]