Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> on 2004/06/16 07:37:31 UTC

[mp2] tests w/o mod_auth

On my linux system, mod_auth isn't loaded in the system
httpd.conf, and consequently the following subtests
fail:
   compat/conn_authen: 1
   directive/perl:     3 7
   hooks/authen:       3
(the error log reports
  Configuration error: couldn't check access. No groups file?
which is a bit confusing). One could skip all the tests by
    plan tests => x, (\&have_lwp && have_auth);
but would it be better to only skip those subtests that
require mod_auth when mod_auth isn't available?  If the
latter, is the best way to skip a subtest done as in, eg,
use of skip_not_same_interp() of t/modperl/sameinterp.t?

--
best regards,
randy

Re: [mp2] tests w/o mod_auth

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On my linux system, mod_auth isn't loaded in the system
> httpd.conf, and consequently the following subtests
> fail:
>    compat/conn_authen: 1
>    directive/perl:     3 7
>    hooks/authen:       3
> (the error log reports
>   Configuration error: couldn't check access. No groups file?
> which is a bit confusing). One could skip all the tests by
>     plan tests => x, (\&have_lwp && have_auth);
> but would it be better to only skip those subtests that
> require mod_auth when mod_auth isn't available?  If the
> latter, is the best way to skip a subtest done as in, eg,
> use of skip_not_same_interp() of t/modperl/sameinterp.t?

A quick glance shows that all 3 tests deal mostly with auth, so it's probably
just fine to add have_auth.