Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "S.E.Parkin" <S....@newcastle.ac.uk> on 2004/08/18 19:58:30 UTC

Handler initialisation as part of server start-up?

Hi,

With the help of this mailing list I've found out how to reduce the need to
re-initialise resources within SOAP Handlers upon each use, such that a
Handler need only be initialised once, upon first use (by way of the init()
method). However, I was wondering if there was a means of initialising
Handlers as part of the host server (e.g. Tomcat) start-up routine, so that a
Handler is already initialised *before* it's first use?

Thanks,
Simon Parkin

Re: Handler initialisation as part of server start-up?

Posted by Paul Callahan <ca...@gmail.com>.
it might be useful to look at implementing ServletContextListener in
order to capture the startup of your context.

-pc