Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/06/08 16:47:56 UTC

[TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Hello Developers,

I have recently uploaded the Lenya release archives to
http://cvs.apache.org/~roku/incubator/lenya/ . The .exe upload is still
running.

I also updated the demo machine with the new lenya.war at
http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8080/lenya/

Is up to us to decide now, if we can release what I uploaded.

Vote is open 48 hours (is that enough). If the vote is positive we will
do the incubator contacting as Michi proposed.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [REMIND] [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Edith Chevrier <ed...@wyona.com>.
Hello,

i tested  the recent candidate. I noticed that the restore from
trash/archive is disabled (i enter a bug).
Nothing else, that we don't know.

So my +1

Edith

--
Edith Chevrier
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

[REMIND] [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 16:47, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> Hello Developers,
>
> I have recently uploaded the Lenya release archives to
> http://cvs.apache.org/~roku/incubator/lenya/ . The .exe upload is still
> running.
>
> I also updated the demo machine with the new lenya.war at
> http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8080/lenya/
>
> Is up to us to decide now, if we can release what I uploaded.
>
> Vote is open 48 hours (is that enough). If the vote is positive we will
> do the incubator contacting as Michi proposed.

After some testing here is my

+1

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> Hello Developers,
> [...]
> Vote is open 48 hours (is that enough). If the vote is positive we will
> do the incubator contacting as Michi proposed.

+1

Nice work! Thank you very much!

...keep it up!

thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@c...@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>
</thorsten>

Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
>> Hello Developers,
>>
>> I have recently uploaded the Lenya release archives to
>> http://cvs.apache.org/~roku/incubator/lenya/ . The .exe upload is still
>> running.
>>
>> I also updated the demo machine with the new lenya.war at
>> http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8080/lenya/
>>
>> Is up to us to decide now, if we can release what I uploaded.
>>
>> Vote is open 48 hours (is that enough). If the vote is positive we will
>> do the incubator contacting as Michi proposed.
>

> Some minutes late, but here's my
>
> +1

+0

I have tested the source version with a third party publication which worked
fine, but I haven't tested the publications shipped with Lenya

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Dale Christ wrote:

>>>Is up to us to decide now, if we can release what I uploaded.
>>>
>>>Vote is open 48 hours (is that enough). If the vote is positive we will
>>>do the incubator contacting as Michi proposed.
>>

> Here's mine, too
>
> +1
>
> --Dale

+0 from me (didnt have time to test, but no known problems..)

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss

Posted by Dale Christ <de...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 09:55, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> To spoil the party a (little) bit... there are still four Bugzilla entries
> currently scheduled for 1.2:
>
> 27905 Save+Exit in BXE using jetty takes forever
> 29074 Saving modified table content in forms editor fails with val
> 29311 Search field in lower-level articles does not work
> 29312 Publishing a document does not update index of Lucene
>
> It already has been discussed on this list how to deal with them.

Yes, they could be fixed in a Lenya 1.2 bugfix release or in 1.4. I
prefer the first one. As it seems, doing releases in the future will be
a bit easier.

Thanks for the continuous finger pointing :)

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Dale Christ wrote:
> Thorsten--
>

>>BTW Dale I want to add your data to the credits->what do I put?
>>Dale Christ (? at apache.org)
>>

> Dale Christ
> bigdog@apache.org
>
> --Dale

http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/acknowledgements.html

Better late then never ;-)

sorry I forgot about it!

thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@m...@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler
</...@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Friday, June 11, 2004, at 04:01  AM, Leo Simons wrote:

> [is the rule that a project just needs 3 independent committers, or is
> there an additional rule that no more than 50% of the committers must
> be part of a single company?]
>
> IIRC that 50% rule applies, but IANAL. Roy, Nicola?

I have no idea where that 50% stuff came from.  The goal of having at
least three independent members of the project PMC (*committers* has no
decison-making role in the foundation, even when committers == PMC)
is to make sure someone is able to veto stuff that would get
us in trouble.  50% would be nice, but not necessary unless we are
talking about the ASF board.

I don't know if this should even apply to code that is being
inserted into an existing project.

....Roy

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.

Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 12:11, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>>5 active from wyona: edith, egli, andreas, michi, gregor
>>
>>and 3 others: thorsten, roku, dale
>>
>>total: 8
>>
>>5/8 = 62.5%
>>
>>which means we need 3 more commiters to exit incubation.

I'm not a math major, but I think 5 people comprising 50% means that you
need a total of 10, which you can get by adding 2 (not 3) to 8 :-D

Regardless, what an annoying rule, eh? Law sucks :-D

cheers,

- Leo

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 12:11, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > "No single organization supplies more than 50% of the active committers
> > (must be at least 3 independent committers)"
> >
> > Ok, we have 3 independent but in total we are 10.
> > That means wyona supplies 66.6%.
> > ...or did I miss something?
>
> 5 active from wyona: edith, egli, andreas, michi, gregor
>
> and 3 others: thorsten, roku, dale
>
> total: 8
>
> 5/8 = 62.5%
>
> which means we need 3 more commiters to exit incubation.

Mhh, I just looked at the status file template in the incubator cvs
module. There the question is _only_

"Are there three or more independent committers? (The legal definition
of independent is long and boring, but basically it means that there is
no binding relationship between the individuals, such as a shared
employer, that is capable of overriding their free will as individuals,
directly or indirectly.)"

Which means to me, having three independent devs is enough and we have
three.

But I agree, that the incubation policy is also talking about a 50%
rule. This confuses me a bit:

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> "No single organization supplies more than 50% of the active committers
> (must be at least 3 independent committers)"
>
> Ok, we have 3 independent but in total we are 10.
> That means wyona supplies 66.6%.
> ...or did I miss something?

5 active from wyona: edith, egli, andreas, michi, gregor

and 3 others: thorsten, roku, dale

total: 8

5/8 = 62.5%

which means we need 3 more commiters to exit incubation.

note that i didnt count any of the occasional cocoon contributors as
commiters, but i think that is prudent.

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> If the community is able to show that Lenya can evolve freely, untied
> from the bounds with Wyona, the Lenya community project can ask for
> incubation exit.
>
> As for my personal IMHO, I think Lenya has been residing in the
> incubator for much too long. Only with the addition of several non-Wyona
> committers, the urge to exit started to appear. This shows (to me) that
> Lenya is becoming independent from Wyona, and is a much clearer
> indication of meeting incubation exit criteria than counting committers
> beans.

very well put. and yes, has it already been a year? i agree that the
incubation time has been a long one, indeed.

i am very happy, for instance, that roku has agreed to roll the release.
this is probably the area where the wyona influence showed the most, and
i am happy that the community is willing to take this up :)

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 11 Jun 2004, at 10:44, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>> "No single organization supplies more than 50% of the active
>> committers
>> (must be at least 3 independent committers)"
>>
>> Ok, we have 3 independent but in total we are 10.
>> That means wyona supplies 66.6%.
>> ...or did I miss something?

> Maybe we can count the inactive non wyona commiters as independent
> ones?

I don't think one needs to precisely calculate percentages. nor add
non-active committers to tweak the numbers - this happened already when
the project was accepted as an incubatee.

The real question is: is the future of Lenya, the community project,
still tied into the future of Wyona, Inc? What happens if Wyona goes
bust? Who is the driving force behind Lenya: Wyona or the Lenya
community? Who exercises control over project evolution?

If the community is able to show that Lenya can evolve freely, untied
from the bounds with Wyona, the Lenya community project can ask for
incubation exit.

As for my personal IMHO, I think Lenya has been residing in the
incubator for much too long. Only with the addition of several
non-Wyona committers, the urge to exit started to appear. This shows
(to me) that Lenya is becoming independent from Wyona, and is a much
clearer indication of meeting incubation exit criteria than counting
committers beans.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

?

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Dale Christ wrote:

>Thorsten--
>

>>BTW Dale I want to add your data to the credits->what do I put?
>>Dale Christ (? at apache.org)
>>

>Dale Christ
>bigdog@apache.org

ROFL!

:)

that is a good one! Good on ya, mate!
I will have added it till sunday!

...I am going to the beach for the weekend :).

king regards
thorsten

>--Dale

Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Dale Christ <de...@yahoo.com>.
Thorsten--

> BTW Dale I want to add your data to the credits->what do I put?
> Dale Christ (? at apache.org)

Dale Christ
bigdog@apache.org

--Dale

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

>To spoil the party a (little) bit...
>[...]

more:

>>On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 16:47, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>

>> [...]
>>
>>As it turned out we have also the possibility to exit incubation after
>>the release :)

"No single organization supplies more than 50% of the active committers
(must be at least 3 independent committers)"

Ok, we have 3 independent but in total we are 10.
That means wyona supplies 66.6%.
...or did I miss something?

BTW Dale I want to add your data to the credits->what do I put?
Dale Christ (? at apache.org)

King regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.
Avda. de la Arboleda s/n
41940 - Tomares,  (Sevilla)
Tlfn: (+34) 955 062 627
e-mail: thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es

Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su
destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgación, copia o
distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita de "Sociedad
Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información, S.A.U.". Si no
es Ud. el destinatario del mensaje le ruego lo destruya sin hacer copia
digital o física, comunicando a Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la
Sociedad de la Información S.A.U. vía e-mail o fax la recepción del presente
mensaje. Toda declaración de voluntad contenida deberá ser tenida por no
producida. Gracias.
___________________

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication
is prohibited without the prior written consent of "Sociedad Andaluza para
el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información, S.A.U.". If you are not the
formal receiver of this message please destroy it without making any digital
or physical copy and inform "Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la
Sociedad de la Información S.A.U." , by e-mail or fax, of the reception of
the present message. Any whatsoever involuntary declaration contained
herewith must be taken as having no legal effect. Thank you.

Re: [Summary ]Re: [TEST+VOTE] Lenya 1.2 Release

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.