Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 12:48:59 UTC

Analysis on Sources

Hi to all,
I've just run (another time) an Analysis with Findbugs 1.3.7 on latest
Pivot Sources, taken from the source zip of 03-Apr-2009 .

In attach you'll find two screenshots of the results.

What do you think on fixing some of them (for example that with High
priority) before the next release (1.1.1) ?
many of them are trivial or simple ... tell me if i can help on this.
But please, without losing time to include them by hand in JIRA, or at
least inserting groups of related bugs ... but sometimes Findbugs
gives false positive, so a check before should be done.

Thanks,
Sandro

Re: Analysis on Sources

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
De nada ... sometimes i execute this to see if there are some problems
and fix (or ask to fix, in this case) it before a release.

In the future, with Maven builds we should be able to add some
analysis like this to the builds ... for bugs searching, for code
coverage, code complexity, source conformance to the guidelines, etc
... to help have the best quality in our project.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Analysis on Sources

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
There are definitely a few quick fixes we can make from that. Thanks.

Re: Analysis on Sources

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Analysis on Sources

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I didn't get the attachments. Try zipping them and resending.