Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com> on 2009/05/24 11:43:08 UTC

ATTN Mentors - graduation

Esteemed mentors,

could you please check that the task list under

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI/fixforversion/12313986

is complete and should prepare us for graduation?  It's pretty much
been copied from the ASF podling policy and guidelines, but since the
policy and guidelines differ in certain places, I'm not sure whether I
got it all.

Also, feel free to add your own observations and comments to the
tasks ;-)

/Janne

Re: ATTN Mentors - graduation

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
>>> I don't see any comments on the "Check that only ASL and/or
>>> ASL-compatible licenses are used" issue. How is that going? Have you
>>> posted RAT results somewhere?
>>
>> I just don't think we really got there yet.  Should RAT be run
>> against the
>> SVN repo or the distribution archives?
>
> I believe it should be run against the trunk, the stuff that will go
> out in a binary or source release of JSPWiki.

Thanks.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-545

/Janne

Re: ATTN Mentors - graduation

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Janne Jalkanen<ja...@ecyrd.com> wrote:
>> That looks like a pretty comprehensive list and I think that would
>> prepare you for graduation. There is also a checklist on your status
>> page, is it up to date?
>>
>>  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/jspwiki.html
>
> Nope. No idea how to edit it ;-)

The site is specified by some XML files and we generate the HTML via Velocity.

To update JSPWiki's incubator status page website:

0) get the site directory
        svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jspwiki/site
jspwiki_site
1) Make changes in xdocs directory, I believe the index.xml file is
the status page.
2) Run the Ant build.xml script to generate site to docs directory
3) Make sure any new files under ./docs are added to SVN
4) Commit changes in ./xdocs and ./docs to SVN
3) ssh to people.apache.org
4) cd /www/incubator.apache.org/jspwiki/
5) svn update
6) Wait up to four hours for changes to be synced to site

You should have the permissions to do those things on people.apache.org.

>> I don't see any comments on the "Check that only ASL and/or
>> ASL-compatible licenses are used" issue. How is that going? Have you
>> posted RAT results somewhere?
>
> I just don't think we really got there yet.  Should RAT be run against the
> SVN repo or the distribution archives?

I believe it should be run against the trunk, the stuff that will go
out in a binary or source release of JSPWiki.

Hope that helps...

- Dave

Re: ATTN Mentors - graduation

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> That looks like a pretty comprehensive list and I think that would
> prepare you for graduation. There is also a checklist on your status
> page, is it up to date?
>
>   http://incubator.apache.org/projects/jspwiki.html

Nope. No idea how to edit it ;-)

> I don't see any comments on the "Check that only ASL and/or
> ASL-compatible licenses are used" issue. How is that going? Have you
> posted RAT results somewhere?

I just don't think we really got there yet.  Should RAT be run against
the SVN repo or the distribution archives?

> Where did you find the "Document IP process" task? I'm not sure we
> ever did that on Roller, but it seems like a good idea. I don't think
> you'd need a very detailed write-up -- can you summarize what was done
> in a couple of sentences or bullet points?

Will do.  I think I got the idea from Henning.

> The best demonstration that you have community readiness, have adopted
> ASF style voting, etc. is to actually do a release. I see from your
> last status report that you intend to make an alpha quality release;
> where do you stand on that?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-461 ;-)

JSPWIKI-421 is almost done, and JSPWIKI-303 is currently under debate
(which will be resolved through a friendly mud-wrestling match between
me and Andrew on Monday - I find it a clear problem with ASF that
there is no mention in the ASF policies for this resolution method. I
may submit a patch.)

/Janne

Re: ATTN Mentors - graduation

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.