Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Litao Deng <de...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/24 04:54:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-250 Add Support for Quorum-based Producer Acknowledgment

Hey folks. I would like to add a feature to support the quorum-based
acknowledgment for the producer request. We have been running a
modified version of Kafka on our testing cluster for weeks, the
improvement of P999 is significant with very stable latency.
Additionally, I have a proposal to achieve a similar data durability
as with the insync.replicas-based acknowledgment through LEO-based
leader election.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-250+Add+Support+for+Quorum-based+Producer+Acknowledge

Thoughts?