Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Amin Thakkar <am...@infopoint.co.ug> on 2005/03/07 15:23:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Error Log

Hi

where can I find Apache Error Log file ?

Regards
Amin

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Error Log

Posted by Gene <li...@Bomgardner.net>.
Amin Thakkar wrote:

>Hi
>
>where can I find Apache Error Log file ?

This location may vary from system to system. Look in your httpd.conf
file for:

ErrorLog

Also note the the following info from the httpd.conf file comments:

Configuration and logfile names: If the filenames you specify for many
of the server's control files begin with "/" (or "drive:/" for Win32), the
server will use that explicit path. If the filenames do *not* begin
with "/", the value of ServerRoot is prepended -- so "var/log/foo.log"
with ServerRoot set to "/usr/local" will be interpreted by the
server as "/usr/local/var/log/foo.log".

Best 'o' luck
Gene