Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Brian Levine <le...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/15 22:31:31 UTC

Roller Memory Use

Hi,

I'm running Roller in a shared hosting environment that gives me a 128MB java heap.  I've added a couple of servlets to the default install (they don't use any more memory than the default servlet, ie they don't create objects in memory, etc.) and I'm now getting OutOfMemory errors in my logs files and wonky errors when I try to do anything with roller.  So I guess I have two questions

1) Does roller generally do okay with 128MB?  Is there some rule of thumb for how much memory is required based on amount of traffic, etc?
2) Is there a way to trim down the default install to use less memory?

Thanks!

/Brian

RE: Roller Memory Use

Posted by Brian Levine <le...@hotmail.com>.

Thanks Matt!  I'll talk to my hosting company before I make that little change ;)

Re: Roller Memory Use

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

RE: Controlling no. of entries displayed by $model.getWeblogEntriesPager()

Posted by Brian Levine <le...@hotmail.com>.

login, then go to prefences->settings.

It's under the General Settings section, called "Number of entries to display on weblog"

change to your hearts content.

/B

> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:00:47 -0700
> From: abhay_iitm@yahoo.com
> Subject: Controlling no. of entries displayed by  $model.getWeblogEntriesPager()
> To: user@roller.apache.org
>
> Hello Folks,
>     How do I Control the number of entries displayed by  $model.getWeblogEntriesPager() ?
>
> Thanks
>

> ---
> Winners don't Quit,Quitters don't Win

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.
http://club.live.com/word_slugger.aspx?icid=word_slugger_wlhm_admod_april08

Controlling no. of entries displayed by $model.getWeblogEntriesPager()