Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Heligon Sandra <Sa...@nextream.fr> on 2002/07/03 18:50:48 UTC

Struts LogoffAction example error ?

	I posted a message on a forum about HttpSession and Logoff.
	I asked why doesn't it not allow to clear simultaneously all session
	attributes?,  in the LoggoffAction of the struts example
	we find the following lines:
	session.removeAttribute(Constants.SUBSCRIPTION_KEY);
	session.removeAttribute(Constants.USER_KEY);
	session.invalidate();
	My question was:
	What cautions do I have to take in a logoff operation ?
	Are the two steps removeAttribute and invalidate enough?
	The answer is: invalidate is all you need as all of the session's
data members (including attributes) 	are then available for garbage
collection.
	I don't know who wrote the struts example, the author has perhabs a
reason to use
	removeAttribute ?