Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1998/02/13 23:41:02 UTC

Bug in Windows 1.3b3 version of APACHE (fwd)

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> > From: "Hayim S. Hendeles" <ha...@platsol.com>
> >           Case is converted to lower. Parts of URLs that do not
> >                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >      correspond to files are left completely alone. [Ben Laurie]
> >

> > Thus this fix prohibits Apache from operating properly in my win95
> > environment. I respectfully request if you could revisit this fix, and
> > correct the problem.
>
> Huh? Since when does Win95 care about the files� case?!?!!??!

It isn't the case of the file, but the case of other things in the URL.

It has been corrected in the source already.

Re: Bug in Windows 1.3b3 version of APACHE (fwd)

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@c2.net>.
On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> > From: "Hayim S. Hendeles" <ha...@platsol.com>
> >           Case is converted to lower. Parts of URLs that do not
> >                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >      correspond to files are left completely alone. [Ben Laurie]
> >

> > Thus this fix prohibits Apache from operating properly in my win95
> > environment. I respectfully request if you could revisit this fix, and
> > correct the problem.
>
> Huh? Since when does Win95 care about the files� case?!?!!??!

When the disk is mounted from a samba server with "case sensitive = yes",
perhaps?

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, C2Net Europe                    http://www.eu.c2.net/~paul/
Editor, Apache Week .. the latest Apache news http://www.apacheweek.com/

Re: Bug in Windows 1.3b3 version of APACHE (fwd)

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.
> From: "Hayim S. Hendeles" <ha...@platsol.com>
>           Case is converted to lower. Parts of URLs that do not
>      correspond to files are left completely alone. [Ben Laurie]
>

> Thus this fix prohibits Apache from operating properly in my win95
> environment. I respectfully request if you could revisit this fix, and
> correct the problem.

Huh? Since when does Win95 care about the files´ case?!?!!??!

    Martin