Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ch...@kimptoc.net> on 2011/04/20 13:47:51 UTC

Security with Rampart - can it "Sign a SOAP Message by Using a User Name and Password"

Hi,
I am trying to talk to a .Net based web service which requires the request
to be signed with username and password, like this:

Is this possible with Rampart? If it does, any references/pointers would
be greatly appreciated.

Or any alternatives that might support this - besides the .Net option :)

Apologies for lazy post - I had a quick dig through the docs and did not
see this mentioned, but perhaps it is supported.

Thanks,
Chris

PS FWIW, I am trying to solve this problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5349546/which-bits-of-soap-ws-security-ws-addressing-etc-do-i-need-to-send-this-mes

Re: Security with Rampart - can it "Sign a SOAP Message by Using a User Name and Password"

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ch...@kimptoc.net>.
Thanks - I am getting that impression from the code too :(

Currently looking at Visual Studio 2003, as that seems to be whats
compatible with WSE from MS, which should handle it.

Regards, Chris

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <am...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chris,