Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2006/12/17 12:12:50 UTC

apr_anylock.h location

Hi,

Looking at the apr_anylock.h, and the fact that its
totally independent of apr-util, can it be moved to apr?

 From the end user perspective nothing would change,
because there can be no apr-util without apr, and apr
users would have those macros without apr-util dependency.

Comments?

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: apr_anylock.h location

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Paul Querna wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looking at the apr_anylock.h, and the fact that its
>> totally independent of apr-util, can it be moved to apr?
>>
>>  From the end user perspective nothing would change,
>> because there can be no apr-util without apr, and apr
>> users would have those macros without apr-util dependency.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Can't be changed until APR-Util 2.0 --

OK.

> APR and APR-Util can and commonly
> do have different prefixes.

Right, but this is not the case for apr_anylock.
It has APR prefix and is independent of any APU
code because it is macro based.
So, I see no reason why it cannot be the part of APR
because its main purpose is to abstract the APR lock API.
The only usage of APU based functionality would be
to have the user provided lock/unlock callbacks, but that
would change the API itself.

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: apr_anylock.h location

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at the apr_anylock.h, and the fact that its
> totally independent of apr-util, can it be moved to apr?
>
>  From the end user perspective nothing would change,
> because there can be no apr-util without apr, and apr
> users would have those macros without apr-util dependency.
>
> Comments?

Can't be changed until APR-Util 2.0 -- APR and APR-Util can and commonly
do have different prefixes.

-Paul