Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Glen Davis <gd...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2014/10/30 13:14:50 UTC

RE: How do I remove Open Office 3.2.1`

Hi
How do I remove this version of Open Office?
I have tried add/remove programs and there is no uninstall option. I have tried installing the newest version on top of it to no effect.
I am considering this program as invasive and virus as I can't remove it.
Do you have have a program in which I can use to remove all instances of Open Office on my computer.
Regards

Glen Davis

RE: How do I remove Open Office 3.2.1`

Posted by Glen Davis <gd...@hotmail.co.uk>.
managed to remove it - downloaded the same version from openoffice.org to computer then mananaged to undelete it - I might have got one of their buggy versions

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 10/30/2014 08:14 AM, Glen Davis wrote:
> Hi
> How do I remove this version of Open Office?
> I have tried add/remove programs and there is no uninstall option. I have tried installing the newest version on top of it to no effect.
> I am considering this program as invasive and virus as I can't remove it.
> Do you have have a program in which I can use to remove all instances of Open Office on my computer.
> Regards
>
> Glen Davis

To answer that, you'll have to tell us what operating system you're
running.  Also, why do you consider it invasive and a virus?  Did you
download from other than www.openoffice.org?  If so, then you might have
downloaded a version that someone else has loaded with crapware.

Re: How do I remove Open Office 3.2.1`

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:06:56 +0000
Glen Davis <gd...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> It can't find it that's what I'm using

It is many years since I used it (and Windows). My memory of discussion on the User Forum is that one should use it at its most aggressive settings.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

RE: How do I remove Open Office 3.2.1`

Posted by Glen Davis <gd...@hotmail.co.uk>.