Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by BriceM <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/06 18:52:54 UTC

[JOBS] Build Webservices & implement Apache Mahout Recommenders

Hi There,

I’m looking for someone to create the APIs for the project I’m working on.
Some of those APIs will use Apache Mahout to sort lists by recommendation
scores. Because the database structure has a strong impact on performance &
should be designed with the APIs / Mahout in mind, the responsibilities
would also include the database structure.

Responsibilities:
- Design & structure the database
- Implement Mahout’s recommenders & adapt it to include content based
recommendation.
- Design & implement the webservices

The required skills are:
- Experience in database optimization
- Experience with Apache Mahout
- Working knowledge with RESTful Web Services
- Experience and sound knowledge in various representation schemes like
JSON, Atom, RSS, XML Schema

The details of the project will be given once the appropriate person has
been found. If this sounds familiar to you, please send me (by email) the
approximate budget you would ask for this kind of job.

Thanks in advance everyone.