Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk> on 2009/08/14 18:27:52 UTC

Problem with custom ValidationDecorator for Ajax form submissions

We've developed our own custom ValidationDecorator which works nicely. To activate it for a form we're pushing it onto the environment in the setupRender for each component/page with a form that needs validation, like this:

@BeginRender
void setup(MarkupWriter writer)
{
                environment.push(ValidationDecorator.class, new InlineValidationDecorator(environment, writer, spacerImage, false));
}

(inspired by http://markmail.org/message/pq5u53h4njwldygz)

A corresponding JavaScript file is also included into the page which overrides the client side behaviour from tapestry.js the way we want it.

This all works fine until we do Ajax form submission where our InlineValidationDecorator is not being pushed onto the environment for the partial page render. This is being activated by returning a block from the submit event handler.

So, any ideas how to do this? I'm not the first person to hit this stumbling block, Inge posted about this here: http://markmail.org/message/izdmsolr626wog4k

This is pretty serious, we really need to solve this issue for our upcoming milestone release.

Thanks,

Andy.