Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by David Pérez Fernández <ch...@geniusmap.com> on 2000/10/14 11:30:48 UTC

IE4, IE5 session values question

   We are testing our recently JSP & Servlet developed application, we have used Tomcat 3.1.1 + Apache 1.3.12.
   We made all the development using IE 5.0 and when we test it in IE 4 we have seen that for IE 4 the session values doesn´t work correctly. Cookies are activated, and session ID works correctly but when we try to access to session objects it doesn´t work. The same JSP pages & servlets works fine for IE 5. We don´t understand where is the difference if both browsers support cookies, HTTP1.1?
any idea? suggestion?

thx

Re: IE4, IE5 session values question

Posted by Petr Suchomel <ps...@itsignet.cz>.
I am not sure at all, but I met the same problem ( it is very long time ). I have heard that IE 4.0 lost sessions, exactly it creates for every frame new session... what happens after its clear :-(. But I can't find exact link to MS-DEV where this problem is described.
Normally I try to use no frames, on one project ( it is chat .. without frames no possible ) I used own session manager, because project has to work over large spectrum of browsers.
I try to find more info.
Petr

P.S. Try to use Forte for Java, Internet Edition Beta, it has http monitor, it can show more :-).
  yes, we use frames and we have tested it with IE 4.0 Sp2 and it works correctly. With IE 4.0 doesn´t work.
  any idea????

  thx

Posted by Phil Evans <ph...@solnet.co.nz>.
>yes, we use frames and we have tested it with IE 4.0 Sp2 and it works correctly. With IE 4.0 doesn´t work.
>any idea????

There is the answer!

RE: IE4, IE5 session values question

Posted by David Pérez Fernández <ch...@geniusmap.com>.

Posted by Luc Claes <lu...@skynet.be>.
FIX: Windows Opened by Script Lose Authentication or Session :
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q196/3/83.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0
HTH,
Luc Claes