Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Szymon Janc <ja...@apache.org> on 2017/09/08 18:54:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.2.0-rc1

Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
Apache Mynewt 1.2.0.

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes

This release candidate was tested as follows:
  1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test+Plan
     The test results can be found at:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/1.2.0+Test+Results
  2. The full unit test suite for this release was executed via "newt
     test all" with no failures.  This testing was performed on the
     following platforms:
       * OS X 10.11.5
       * Ubuntu Linux 17.04

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.2.0/rc1/

The commits under consideration are as follows:
blinky:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-blinky
  commit 5ade7990e81ebfb6b9801fd56b7ea32774747ced
core:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core
  commit e511aa733ee0d5740484738036618332ed45475b
newt:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newt
  commit 3a3e87d754e63cbcf2e49b49c20847dc3c19e655
newtmgr:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newtmgr
  commit 8bc55635bbac12c036b25b4968ee0f48c1f06e52

In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
  linux: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.2.0/rc1/apache-mynewt-bin-linux-1.2.0.tgz
  osx: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.2.0/rc1/apache-mynewt-bin-osx-1.2.0.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes.

A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release
candidate.

Thanks,
Szymon Janc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.2.0-rc1

Posted by Saurabh Chakrabarty <sa...@aritron.com>.
+1

Regards,
Saurabh Chakrabarty

Posted by jy...@aritron.com.

Posted by Fabio Utzig <ut...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Michał Narajowski <mi...@codecoup.pl>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wayne Keenan <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks
Wayne

Posted by Łukasz Rymanowski <lu...@codecoup.pl>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
+1

Posted by Alfred Schilken <al...@schilken.de>.
+1

blinky is running on Calliope Mini
with tiny modification because there is no LED directly connected to a single GPIO
the LED matrix needs so set two GPIOs ( same on BBC Microbit )
Maybe future version of blinky should handle this with #if

    sysinit();
    hal_gpio_init_out(14, 1);
    g_led_pin = 6;

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.2.0-rc1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Vipul Rahane <vi...@runtime.io>.
I tried testing it on a few boards, looks good.

+1 (binding).

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 - binding

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.2.0-rc1

Posted by Simon Ratner <si...@proxy.co>.
+1

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 08:54:53PM +0200, Szymon Janc wrote:
> [X] +1 Release this package

+1 (binding)

Thanks, Chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.2.0-rc1

Posted by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>.
+1 (binding)