Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/03 15:32:05 UTC

Confirming a user is broken - suggested fix

Hi,

I am having problems with the JLoginUser action, it does not confirm
new users.

The problem seems to be due to the bit where, its worked out that we
have a secret key and thus are trying to confirm a user, it then does
a data.getUser() -but nothing has put it into rundata prior to this -
so this always returns null and so hits the return statement... this
should probably give an error.

So, to fix this, I would change user = data.getUser() to

user = JetspeedSecurty.getUser(username) - where username is in the
parameters.

A further problem now comes when it tries to do the Turbine LoginUser
action.  This expects to find a "password" parameter in the request
too - but this is not in the confirmation registration form and thus
sends the user to the login form...

Is this to be expected - my initial thoughts would be to log the user
in... but thinking further, perhaps a message saying you have been
confirmed, please login to continue would be ok.

Thoughts/comments?

Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London - http://freeflats.com

Re: Confirming a user is broken - suggested fix

Posted by Johnny Cass <jo...@epiuse.com>.
Chris Kimpton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think its fixed. Could you please cvs checkout and test it again.
>
> Working on it - but the cvs update is VERY SLOW - does no one else
> see this problem - Jon?
>
> > I tested with both velocity and jsp.
> > We could really use some test cases for this feature...
>
> Do you mean in Cactus?  What target(s) do you suggest are good to
> test with - tests_all_22/23 seem to require resin... are there any
> tomcat only tests?

%<--------------------------------%<

You can use the 'tests_tomcat_32' or 'tests_tomcat_40' Ant targets to
start Cactus for testing with the Tomcat servlet engine. All the other
servlet engine specific targets can be found in 'build-tests-22.xml' and
'build-tests-23.xml'.

Remember to configure the tomcat.home properties in build.properties.

%<--------------------------------%<

> > Have you ever used Cactus?...
> >

> Have heard of it in passing - must look into it some more....

It's quite easy to use. Have a look at 'TestJLoginUser.java' if you need
an example to get started.

The first Cactus test cases to land in the CVS? Oh boy! Oh BOY! :).

- Johnny

RE: Confirming a user is broken - suggested fix

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:

> I think its fixed. Could you please cvs checkout and test it again.

Working on it - but the cvs update is VERY SLOW - does no one else
see this problem - Jon?

> I tested with both velocity and jsp.
> We could really use some test cases for this feature...

Do you mean in Cactus?  What target(s) do you suggest are good to
test with - tests_all_22/23 seem to require resin... are there any
tomcat only tests?

> Thanks for all your testing and debugging on this.

No problem at all - we are getting paid to build a portal and this is
our best option - although IBM are coming in to give us a demo today,
it only took 6 weeks to arrange... maybe we can arrange for them to
support Jetspeed 1.3a2 for us...

> Have you ever used Cactus?...

Have heard of it in passing - must look into it some more....

Thanks for your help,
Chris

=====

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Chris,

I think its fixed. Could you please cvs checkout and test it again.
I tested with both velocity and jsp.
We could really use some test cases for this feature...

Thanks for all your testing and debugging on this.
Have you ever used Cactus?...

David Sean Taylor
taylor@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed