Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by  280602 <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/29 04:37:51 UTC

Subversion Exception!

Hi,

I just got this error, the program asking me to send ask directly to the
mailing list:

Subversion reported the following
(you can copy the content of this dialog
to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):

In file
 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.1\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\update_editor.c'
 line 1582: assertion failed (action == svn_wc_conflict_action_edit ||
action
 == svn_wc_conflict_action_delete || action ==
svn_wc_conflict_action_replace)
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

and in the TortoiseSVN windows:
Command: Update
Updating: D:\Svn\tetuo
Error: In file
Error:
'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.1\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\update_editor.c'

Error:  line 1582: assertion failed (action == svn_wc_conflict_action_edit
|| action
Error:  == svn_wc_conflict_action_delete || action ==
svn_wc_conflict_action_replace)
Completed!:

Can I get a help answer directly here or should I read it somewhere else?

Thanks for your help,

Rui

Re: Subversion Exception!

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM, 280602 <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got this error, the program asking me to send ask directly to the
> mailing list:

It also asked you to described what you were doing when the exception occurred.

> Subversion reported the following
> (you can copy the content of this dialog
> to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):
>
> In file
>  'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.1\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\update_editor.c'
>  line 1582: assertion failed (action == svn_wc_conflict_action_edit ||
> action
>  == svn_wc_conflict_action_delete || action ==
> svn_wc_conflict_action_replace)
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> and in the TortoiseSVN windows:
> Command: Update
> Updating: D:\Svn\tetuo
> Error: In file
> Error:
> 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.1\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\update_editor.c'
> Error:  line 1582: assertion failed (action == svn_wc_conflict_action_edit
> || action
> Error:  == svn_wc_conflict_action_delete || action ==
> svn_wc_conflict_action_replace)
> Completed!:
>
> Can I get a help answer directly here or should I read it somewhere else?

First you should upgrade to the curent release of TortoiseSVN (1.7.7).
1.7.1 is pretty old (reports of this error go back to September) and a
LOT of bug fixes have been made since it was released.