Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/21 14:27:18 UTC

[QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20130621

Hi All,

We wrap up the AOO 4.0 Full Regression test this week, here is the weekly
update (6/17 - 6/21):

*Test execution:*
1. Testing of silent installation on Windows, it is passed in WinXP while
failed in Win7
Bug 122560 - msiexec installation only possible with parameter "/i"

2.  Full/Final Regression test
We have assigned 1804 (last week 1732) text executions to about 20
volunteers, and completed about 64% in execution (1150 test executions
done). We will retest the failed/blocked test executions as the defects get
fixed

*Defect summary:*
1. 4.0.0 release blocker candidate defects have been reviewed done, results
from Hamburg team and Beijing QA team have been combined by Oliver(thanks)
- 15 proposed release blocker
2. Silent installation defect (Bug 122560 - msiexec installation only
possible with parameter "/i") is opened recently, it's a critical problem
that AOO does not allow administrators to deploy AOO as they need - propose
to add it in release block list
*
Issues & quality highlight:*
1. The problem of silent installation on Windows is not a new problem to
4.0, it is seen in a 3.4.1
2. The triage of bugs for AOO 4.0.0 release blockers is ongoing with a
proposed list
3. QAs are reminded to retest the failed/blocked test executions as the
defects get fixed
*
Volunteer status: *
1. No new volunteers(total 20 so far) on test execution work, 3 person ask
for more as they have completed their assignment
2. No new volunteers(total 6 so far) on defect work, the work on confirming
defects is closed for now, as we have identified the show stopper issues
for AOO 4.0
3. No volunteers on Base/Draw exploration test, we have execution gap here
*
Plan for next week:*
1. Prepare test env for Base exploration test - Platform (VM for RHEL) and
Database (DB2, ..)
2. Work with volunteers to verify defects with severity as blocker or
critical (total 84)
3. Work with development to prioritize critical defects as 4.0.0 release
blockers
4. Retest the failed/blocked test executions as the defects get fixed

Thanks you all for effort this week, let's continue and make progress next
week!

Regards,
Yu Zhen