Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Taimur Awan <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/10 17:05:07 UTC

JAMES support for Que or Time Based Scheduling ???

Hi there,
I am new to JAMES server developer list.
I just wanted to know whether JAMES supports Que or Time based
scheduling.Means JAMES spool manager will block the mails in spool
repository and will deliver the mails when the no of mails reach the
specified limit. Similarly in the case of Time scheduling Spool manager will
deliver the mails after the specified time period rather then delivering the
mails as it comes.

Taimur.

RE: JAMES support for Que or Time Based Scheduling ???

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I just wanted to know whether JAMES supports Que or Time
> based scheduling.

Currently the only (re-)scheduling is internal to RemoteDelivery.  I have
been working on a change that moves that behavior into a generic base class.
In so doing, it has occured to me that the entire process could be pushed
out of the target mailet back into the processor.  Which is interesting
because a processor used to just be a type of Mailet.

The upshot of the change would allow any matcher/mailet to be scheduled for
retry if it were able to indicate that state.  This would be immediately
useful in certain cases, such as DNS checks.

That change is something I'll discuss for v3 when we look at the whole
spooler interface.  Meanwhile, there are immediate uses for a generic base
class.  And the way you would handle future time would be to post object
into the queue with a future time already encoded for the AcceptFilter.

	--- Noel