Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com> on 2009/09/28 14:58:22 UTC

Viewvc is not working as expected.

I have Subversion 1.6.5 installed; Apache 2.2.11 installed.  I have the
mod_dav_svn installed as well as python.
I followed the install instructions sent with the viewvc-1.0.7 package.  I
made the necessary changes to my viewvc.conf file as well as my httpd.conf
file.
I can access the repository that is referenced in the viewvc.conf file.  I
ran the simple viewvc test: /usr/local/viewvc-1.0.7/bin/standalone.py -h
'cscsvlway003' /disk01/home/testrepo/ and was successfully able to access
that url. But If I try to access the url: http://<servername>/viewvc, I
get the following:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

   Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.
I don't understand what I am missing.  Can someone help me troubleshoot
this please?  Thank you.

PATI MOSS
System Engineer Sr. Professional
CSC

RE: Viewvc is not working as expected.

Posted by Giulio Troccoli <gi...@uk.linedata.com>.
The only difference with mine is that I have ScriptAlias without the trailing / and that I have a Directory section.

ScriptAlias /viewvc "/usr/local/viewvc/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi"

<Directory "/usr/local/viewvc/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

And please, do not top post and do not send HTML emails

________________________________

Posted by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com>.

    #

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:58, Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com> wrote:

> I have Subversion 1.6.5 installed; Apache 2.2.11 installed.  I have the
> mod_dav_svn installed as well as python.
> I followed the install instructions sent with the viewvc-1.0.7 package.  I
> made the necessary changes to my viewvc.conf file as well as my httpd.conf
> file.
> I can access the repository that is referenced in the viewvc.conf file.  I
> ran the simple viewvc test: /usr/local/viewvc-1.0.7/bin/standalone.py -h
> 'cscsvlway003' /disk01/home/testrepo/ and was successfully able to access
> that url. But If I try to access the url: http://<servername>/viewvc, I get
> the following:
> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
>
>    Most likely causes:
> You are not connected to the Internet.
> The website is encountering problems.
> There might be a typing error in the address.
> I don't understand what I am missing.  Can someone help me troubleshoot this
> please?  Thank you.

You may want to try on the ViewVC mailing list.
http://www.viewvc.org/contact.html

Also, turn off "Friendly error messages" in IE or use a better browser
like Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc. - these may show you more meaningful
error messages.