Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by um...@comcast.net on 2007/11/14 17:32:57 UTC

Error: ListenerStart

Environment: Jre6, Tomcat 6.0.14, Linux Redhat

Is there a Tomcat (6.x) specific way of making ContextListener more verbose
in its "Error: listenerStart" message? I mean is there a log4j setting for Tomcat
that I can enable to identify why the context load fails?

Tx,

/U

Re: Error: ListenerStart

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
did you verify your configuration files are proper XML ?
which parameter does ContextListener error out on?
do you see the message "INFO: ContextListener: contextInitialized()"
anywhere in the logs?

Log4j.properties has the requisite parameters in and is webapp accessible
when located in /WEB-INF/classes location
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html

##log4j.properties
#identify logfile as receptor of log for root
log4j.rootLogger=logfile

log4j.appender.logfile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.logfile.File=${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/YourWebApp/WEB-INF/BigL
og.log
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxFileSize=512KB
# Keep three backup files.
log4j.appender.logfile.MaxBackupIndex=3
# Pattern to output: date priority [category] - message
log4j.appender.logfile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.logfile.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%c] - %m%n

M-