Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com> on 2004/10/31 17:05:21 UTC

Kupu and Assets

Is there are a drawer or something that allows you to insert assets
(document etc.) into pages after they have been uploaded into the
info-authoring asset area

At the moment I have to type the following into the "Make link" bit on
the right hand side:
page-name/asset-name

I see the image drawer shows the assets in the page library

Regards

Pete

Re: Kupu and Assets

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 17:53, Peter Shipley wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 17:23, Peter Shipley wrote:
> >

> >>Given that I have gone into the info-authoring area and uploaded some
> >>documents as assets, how do I use Kupu to insert them as links into the
> >>document. Is their a point and click mechanism to select from a list of
> >>assets currently associated with the page ?
> >>

> >Oh, I never tried that. I need to have a look. The Kupu Image drawer is
> >mainly for images only, even if other assets show up. But maybe you can
> >write a feature request for 1.4. I think it is useful.
> >

> Sounds good. How would you get assets into a page using Kupu at the moment ?

Ehm, maybe use direct links if that is possible.

> >I think I should code a filter for the Kupu image drawer in order to
> >exclude non image assets.
> >

> Would be a good idea. Strange behavious when a document is inserted as
> an image.

Ok, will do so. Would you like to create a bugzilla entry for this?

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Kupu and Assets

Posted by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com>.

Re: Kupu and Assets

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

On 31.10.2004 17:30 Uhr, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 17:23, Peter Shipley wrote:
>
>>Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>

>>>Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean? Can you please explain in
>>>more detail?
>>>

>>Given that I have gone into the info-authoring area and uploaded some
>>documents as assets, how do I use Kupu to insert them as links into the
>>document. Is their a point and click mechanism to select from a list of
>>assets currently associated with the page ?
>

> Oh, I never tried that. I need to have a look. The Kupu Image drawer is
> mainly for images only, even if other assets show up. But maybe you can
> write a feature request for 1.4. I think it is useful.
>
> I think I should code a filter for the Kupu image drawer in order to
> exclude non image assets.

We use the kupu drawers in BXE to insert lenya-like assets (instead of
images). Works like a charm ;) Two different buttons, but same
kupu-drawer code.

chregu

--
christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71

Re: Kupu and Assets

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Kupu and Assets

Posted by Peter Shipley <ps...@nomensa.com>.