Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com> on 2004/11/05 21:26:19 UTC

locating commit logs since last tag

I'm a long time CVS user who is trying to find his way with SVN. I need
to locate commit logs since the last tag and I'm having a hard time
doing this. I'm used to looking at the results of a cvs log and being
able to tell what tag a particular revision belongs to at a glance. This
makes locating commit logs since the last tag pretty easy. With the
separation in directories between the /trunk and the /tags I'm having a
difficult time doing this. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\\@4VYY9&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: locating commit logs since last tag

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Nov 5, 2004, at 3:26 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> I'm a long time CVS user who is trying to find his way with SVN. I
> need to locate commit logs since the last tag and I'm having a hard
> time doing this. I'm used to looking at the results of a cvs log and
> being able to tell what tag a particular revision belongs to at a
> glance. This makes locating commit logs since the last tag pretty
> easy. With the separation in directories between the /trunk and the
> /tags I'm having a difficult time doing this. Is there an easy way to
> accomplish this?

Take a look near the bottom of this document, "Seeing logs between two
tags":

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/user/cvs-crossover-guide.html