Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Carter, Isaac" <Is...@ManTech.com> on 2012/06/13 22:04:42 UTC

using links in feedback panels

Does anyone know if it's possible to have an error message in a feedback panel "link" to the error that caused it?   Such as the user has filled in a given number of fields and puts in the wrong data in one field...an error message is presented in a feedback panel....user  clicks on the error message and it takes them directly to the field that contains the error.  That's the scenario I have in mind.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Isaac Carter

________________________________
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or copy this message and any attachments.

Re: using links in feedback panels

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You can extend FeedbackPanel and add a AttributeModifier("onclick",
"...") to the Label that is used for the feedback message.
Use plain JavaScript to focus the form component. This will be easier
and better for the user experience.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend