Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by skraaatch <sk...@thenumnum.net> on 2002/08/25 13:02:12 UTC

running JWSDP-TOMCAT from an IDE

hi all,
i get the following output when trying to run tomcat4 that comes with jwsdp
1.0.
if anyone knows what the problem might be or what classes / endorsed dirs,
etc. to include in order to run this thing from an IDE (I'm using intellij
2.5.2),
please help! (/conf IS included in the classpath & running standalone
tomcat4 from my IDE works ok)

[INFO] Registry - -Loading registry information
[INFO] Registry - -Creating new Registry instance
[INFO] Registry - -Creating MBeanServer
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute port: 8081
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute maxThreads: 75
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute backlog: 10
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute tcpNoDelay: true
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute soTimeout: 60000
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute timeout: 60000
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute secure: false
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 protocol handler on
port 8081
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute port: 8080
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute maxThreads: 75
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute backlog: 10
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute tcpNoDelay: true
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute soTimeout: 60000
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute timeout: 60000
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Attribute secure: false
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 protocol handler on
port 8080
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name java: is not bound in this Context
 at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:811)
 at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:194)
 at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:350)
 at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Glo
balResourcesLifecycleListener.java:167)
 at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(G
lobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:147)
 at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:166)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2180)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:504)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:399)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No global naming context defined for server
 at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Glo
balResourcesLifecycleListener.java:170)
 at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(G
lobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:147)
 at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:166)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2180)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:504)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:399)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Process terminated with exit code 0

the full classpath was:
C:\jdk1.3.1\jre\lib\rt.jar
C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar
everything below: C:\jwsdp-1_0\bin\
everything below: C:\jwsdp-1_0\common\
everything below: C:\jwsdp-1_0\server\

Re: running JWSDP-TOMCAT from an IDE

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, STEVE R BURRUS wrote:

> Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:06:57 -0700 (PDT)
> From: STEVE R BURRUS <st...@yahoo.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>,
>      skraaatch <sk...@thenumnum.net>
> Subject: Re: running JWSDP-TOMCAT from an IDE
>
> Hello there, "Skraatch", I was just a little bit curious as to where exactly you
> got the JWSDP from?? The java.sun.com site?

  http://java.sun.com/webservices/

Craig

Re: running JWSDP-TOMCAT from an IDE

Posted by STEVE R BURRUS <st...@yahoo.com>.