Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by "eberhard speer jr." <se...@ducis.net> on 2013/07/03 09:23:40 UTC

DeviceMapClient Performance

Re: DeviceMapClient Performance

Posted by Reza <re...@yahoo.com>.
Cool, so I think the Java version is hovering around 700us, so its clear .NET may have some core performance advantages.

There is actually a lot of room to make this even faster, but not sure if its even worth going down that road. Things like removing the ngram parsing, better index structure, bailing out of bad patterns, etc, etc.

Any word on updated data? I think we may be on our own with updating the device data. Someones got to do it. Is it just a matter of keep tabs on all the manufactures and upcoming releases?