Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Brett G. Bisyak" <Br...@CapitalStream.com> on 2002/08/15 22:40:02 UTC

Microsoft Client to Axis WEB Service question...

I am using a Visual Basic client ( using the MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0 ) to access
an Axis WEB SErvice that takes an object as an argument and returns the
object.

I can get this working if I create a dummy VB COM DLL that mimics the
service that I have in Axis ( the real service ) and use the MS Soap toolkit
WSDL generator, pointing it at the Dummy COM DLL.

Im trying to figure our how to avoid this step and use the original WSDL
from my Axis service from VB. It can't find the custom mapper in this case.

Any ideas on this or how to convert a Axis WSDL file into one the MS toolkit
can use ?

Thanks everyone !!!

bb

Brett G. Bisyak
206-548-1726

Help needed with attachments.

Posted by Alan Wilson <al...@naviguide.co.uk>.
Hi,

I'm new to soap and axis but all i need to do is send a message to a service
(done) and get it to return an attachemnet(problems). I have looked at the
examples but i get a 'Mapping Exception to AxisFault' when running the
EchoAttachment, also i only need to return an attachment. Any pointers in
the right direction would be very wellcome.

Thanks

Alan

Re: Microsoft Client to Axis WEB Service question...

Posted by Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>.
On Thursday 15 August 2002 22:40, Brett G. Bisyak wrote:
> I am using a Visual Basic client ( using the MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0 ) to
> access an Axis WEB SErvice that takes an object as an argument and returns
> the object.
>
> Any ideas on this or how to convert a Axis WSDL file into one the MS
> toolkit can use ?

Hello,

this is the only thing that I did not get to work, too. Returning objects
works fine but passing objects as arguments (from VB/MS SOAP 3 to axis) does
not work.
Maybe it would be helpful if you posted the exact error message when trying to
use the axis wsdl in VB.

Best regards!
--
Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>
PGP FP 7862 32B3 3B75 292A F76F  5042 8587 21AB 5B89 D501