Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/27 15:21:18 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.10.0-RC3

Hello Kudu devs!

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the third release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.10.0.

Apache Kudu 1.10.0 is a minor release that offers many improvements and
fixes since the prior release.

This is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.10.0-RC3/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1037/

It is tagged in Git as 1.10.0-RC3 and the corresponding hash is the
following:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=d75a77081326d2f2e7c4d10bc06afb0b39d2c0a2

The release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/branch-1.10.x/docs/release_notes.adoc

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README and the release notes, building Kudu,
and
running the unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be
appreciated.

The vote will run until Monday, July 1st at 11:59AM PST. This is a bit
over the suggested 72 hours due to the weekend.

Thank you,
Grant

--
Grant Henke
Software Engineer | Cloudera

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.10.0-RC3

Posted by Attila Bukor <ab...@apache.org>.
+1

Due to technical issues I didn't have the opportunity to build and test
it on a supported platform, but I was able to build it on MacOS in
release mode although a lot of the tests failed. I believe all of them
were platform-specific as most of them were HMS-related which I've seen
failing on MacOS since they were introduced while they were fine on
CentOS.

I also verified the checksum and the signature, both look correct if
that matters.

Attila

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.10.0-RC3

Posted by Andrew Wong <aw...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Ran on CentOS 6.6 and all C++ and Java tests passed in RELEASE mode.

Also built in RELEASE mode on Mac and ran some tooling against a few
servers running in Docker containers (didn't rigorously test, because it's
on Mac).

Andrew Wong

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.10.0-RC3

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.10.0-RC3

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.10.0-RC3

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

I built and ran the tests on MacOS (with expected failures). I also ran the
builds on Xenial and RHEL 6.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.10.0-RC3

Posted by 赖迎春 <ac...@gmail.com>.
+1