Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Pe...@t-online.de on 2002/06/19 16:30:44 UTC

[collections] combined Predicate and Transformer iterations

Hello.

This is more a user question, but maybe developers can give an answer.

Is it possible with CollectionUtils to make a selection which
transforms the objects at the same time? Or to make a transformation
which selects the objects at the same time? If I would embed a #collect
within a #select (or vice versa), the collection would be iterated
through two times.

Greetings,
Peter

Re: [collections] combined Predicate and Transformer iterations

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
No such function currently exists in collections. I think the reason lies
with the possible combinations of methods getting out of hand.

Stephen

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>