Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Lydia Ickler <ic...@googlemail.com> on 2016/02/16 12:30:41 UTC

inconsistent results

Hi all,

I am doing a Power Iteration. When I execute it with one machine everything works great.
When I use more than one (in my case 5) then I get different results.
I attached my code.
Within the execution plan I can see that a GroupReduce part is executed only by one worker (see screenshot) - is this causing the issue?

Best regards,
Lydia

Re: inconsistent results

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I don’t know about the results but one problem I can identify is this snipped:

groupBy(0).sum(2).max(2)

The max(2) here is a non-parallel operation since it finds the max over all elements, not grouped by key. If you want the max to also be per-key you have to use

groupBy(0).sum(2).andMax(2)

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Aljoscha