Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/04 20:04:52 UTC

[VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.2.0, ready to be
voted upon. This will be the first release for Tapestry 5.2, and hopefully
the last alpha release.

The binary and source downloads are uploaded to:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/

and the Maven artifacts staged to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-063/

Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.2.0, is ready.

I've also created a 5.2.0 tag in Subversion:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.2.0/

On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site documentation.

Vote will run for three days; on success I'll move the voted artifacts
into place and send out appropriate notifications.

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 binding

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding.

Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps people should hold off on voting until I put that together then.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> and i meant for this to happen now, and certainly NOT after the end of the vote
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 01:17, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
>> uli, that was my suggestion, i.e. dont redo the release
>> just fix the src and bin distributions
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 00:37, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:
>>> I agree with Howard. Actually a release at the ASF is the source package.
>>> See [1]. We are voting on the source distribution. The binary packages are
>>> only there as a convenience although it is encouraged to include them in the
>>> vote if offered to the public. So I think we have to at least get the source
>>> distribution right.
>>>
>>> I don't think we have to re-do the release, just fix the src and bin
>>> distributions at [2].
>>>
>>> Maven artifacts look fine so far.
>>>
>>> Uli
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#releases
>>> [2] http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/

>> --
>> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
>> Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer
>> Open Source / JEE Consulting
>>

> --
> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to fix the src/bin distros; it's
actually faster to work at home (my work internet is slow).  I plan to
patch the build.xml locally and rebuild the src/bin, then check the
updated build.xml into 5.2.1-SNAPSHOT.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I think the point is that we vote on the exact bits we'll be pushing
out to Maven and the download mirrors, that's why I generated them
now.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> dunno - i only see stable stuff there now
>
> If we do need to link this release there, i believe it's fine if
> we just regenerate the bin/src distributions (instead of doing
> the whole release again)
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 21:35, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is the download page only for final, stable releases?  In the past
>> we've put up alpha and beta releases as well, just not snapshots.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
>>> Hmm... Do we want this alpha release to appear in
>>> http://tapestry.apache.org/download.html ?
>>>
>>> If we don't, then we can surely go on

>>> --
>>> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
>>> Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer
>>> Open Source / JEE Consulting

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com

> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Is the download page only for final, stable releases?  In the past
we've put up alpha and beta releases as well, just not snapshots.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> Hmm... Do we want this alpha release to appear in
> http://tapestry.apache.org/download.html ?
>
> If we don't, then we can surely go on
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 21:11, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Note that the binary and source distributions (generated from Ant) are
>> not quite right:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1229
>>
>> However, since everything *is* available in the Maven repository, I
>> don't think this is worth holding up the alpha release.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.2.0, ready to be
>>> voted upon. This will be the first release for Tapestry 5.2, and hopefully
>>> the last alpha release.
>>>
>>> The binary and source downloads are uploaded to:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>>>
>>> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-063/
>>>
>>> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.2.0, is ready.
>>>
>>> I've also created a 5.2.0 tag in Subversion:
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.2.0/
>>>
>>> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
>>> the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site documentation.
>>>
>>> Vote will run for three days; on success I'll move the voted artifacts
>>> into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>>>
>>> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 binding
>>>

>>> --
>>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>>
>>> Creator of Apache Tapestry
>>>
>>> The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to
>>> learn how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!
>>>
>>> (971) 678-5210
>>> http://howardlewisship.com
>>>

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com

> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [SUCCESS] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
I'm back after quite a long time, I've had few t5 projects, but
haven't checked the mailing list...

First question, does this mean that 5.2.0 is now out and available ?

Second one is where is the website of the current snapshot ?

I'am comparing the 5.2.0 that I have from maven and the url:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.2-dev/

the front page mentions QueryParameter but as far I can see it was renamed
to RequestParameter, and the same goes for QueryParameterMapped being
renamed
to ActivationRequestParameter.

Davor Hrg

[SUCCESS] Tapestry 5.2.0

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Ulrich Stärl: +1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Andreas Andreou: +1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Robin Komiwes <ro...@gmail.com>.
Robin Komiwes: +1 (non-binding)

Same as Christophe. We use 5.2 on Wooki and on ours spin-off and it
works perfectly.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Dmitry Gusev: +1 (non-binding)

I've just updated my app to 5.2.0 alpha and I had only one JS issue (jQuery
+ Prototype).
Before this I used jQuery without jQuery.noConflict() and it wokred okay
with T5.2, after updating to alpha I had to turn noConflict mode on.
Its working now.

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 18:30, Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@google.com>wrote:

> +0.5 (non-binding)
>
> We have a production app internally running against a late-april 5.2
> snapshot.  I haven't tried it against current trunk, so it's hard for me to
> honestly +1 it, but if it's april + bugfixes, then I'm +10.  Now that the
> tag has been made, I'm going to pull it into our third-party depot and
> attempt to run against it.  It won't be done in time for this vote, but I
> anticipate no issues.
>
> cheers,
> Christian
>

> On Aug 4, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>  I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.2.0, ready to be
>> voted upon. This will be the first release for Tapestry 5.2, and hopefully
>> the last alpha release.
>>
>> The binary and source downloads are uploaded to:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>>
>> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-063/
>>
>> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.2.0, is
>> ready.
>>
>> I've also created a 5.2.0 tag in Subversion:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.2.0/
>>
>> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
>> the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
>> documentation.
>>
>> Vote will run for three days; on success I'll move the voted artifacts
>> into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>>
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 binding
>>

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@google.com>.
+0.5 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
+0 (non-binding).

I've been using 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT with no issues, and enjoying it.  Having some issues with a class not found exception (UpdateListener) when trying to use the maven artifacts, but this is most likely an error in my build, so +0.

Robert

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Ben Dotte <be...@gmail.com>.
Ben Dotte: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +0 (binding).

Unfortunately, I've had almost no time for rest in the last two months, so
I couldn't try T5.2 yet.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.2.0, ready to be
> voted upon. This will be the first release for Tapestry 5.2, and hopefully
> the last alpha release.

I've used the trunk for a long time... it's more then an alpha.

Massimo Lusetti: +1 (non-binding)

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.2.0

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko: +1 (binding)

I experienced some problems upgrading to 5.2.0 but it is ok for an alpha
release.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.2.0, ready to be
> voted upon. This will be the first release for Tapestry 5.2, and hopefully
> the last alpha release.
>
> The binary and source downloads are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehlship/tapestry-releases/>
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-063/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.2.0, is
> ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.2.0 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.2.0/
>
> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
> the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
> documentation.
>
> Vote will run for three days; on success I'll move the voted artifacts
> into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 binding
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry