Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sampath Jayarathna <uk...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/28 17:10:15 UTC

Mahout LDA Inference

Howdy,
    I have a quick question about inferring topic model for a new document
using the learned LDA model (topic probability distribution).

If I have a set of documents and say I got the topic probability
distribution using Mahout LDA for each of these documents, then is it
possible to infer the topic probability distribution for a new document
using the learned model?

If this is not possible, is there a way to classify the new document based
on the learned topics (find a certain similarity value to a topic)?

Thanks

Sam