Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Beers, Chad" <Ch...@PacifiCorp.com> on 2004/01/15 18:35:42 UTC

documentation contributor

All,

I have been following the project for some time and I am impressed with the
group's work. I would like to offer my assistance. As I am not a seasoned
coder, I was hoping I might help with documentation. I have perused the PDF
manuals and I noticed some minor errors that I would like to offer to
correct. They were all small things like word choice, grammar, and
punctuation, but cleaning them up would improve readability slightly.

Does the project have an interest in taking on a documentation contributor?
If so, how can I help?

Thanks,
Chad

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else,
unless expressly approved by the sender or an authorized addressee, is
unauthorized.

or any action omitted or taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender, delete this e-mail and destroy all copies.

Re: documentation contributor

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Beers, Chad wrote:

> All,
>
> I have been following the project for some time and I am impressed
> with the group's work. I would like to offer my assistance. As I am
> not a seasoned coder, I was hoping I might help with documentation. I
> have perused the PDF manuals and I noticed some minor errors that I
> would like to offer to correct. They were all small things like word
> choice, grammar, and punctuation, but cleaning them up would improve
> readability slightly.
>
> Does the project have an interest in taking on a documentation
> contributor? If so, how can I help?

That would be terrific! Sure we can use your help. You can do the following:

  * Checkout xml-xindice module
  * Edit documentation in xml-xindice\src\documentation\content\xdocs
  * Do "cvs diff -u"
  * Send diff output to this list as an attachement (don't send inline)

Thanks,
Vadim