Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Michael B. Parker" <MB...@Cytex.com> on 2006/06/09 02:32:22 UTC

RE: Alfresco Content Management system [why does it/CMS not use subversion as a basis]

Searching  Svn OR Subversion CMS OR (Content Management System) OR Wiki
- Google Search
<http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGIC,GGIC:
2006-23,GGIC:en&q=Svn+OR+Subversion+CMS+OR+(Content+Management+System)+O
R+Wiki>  I ran across your Subversion Users RE Alfresco Content
Management system <http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-04/0537.shtml>
on users@subversion.tigris.org where you say "subversion doesn't make
really sense for a cms.".  I (and Bruce) didn't understand your response
reasoning; indeed, it would seem like a powerful configuration
management system as Subversion would make total sense as basis for a
CMS (hence my search for one).  Could you please explain more, posting
it to the list and kindly CC'ing me (I'm not a member of the list, just
found your comment on the web).  Thanks!  -Mike Parker, www.Cytex.com
<http://www.cytex.com/>