Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/04/13 08:41:05 UTC

line-endings on Windows?

Gav.... wrote:

> Windows XP SP2, Java 1.4 and Java 1.5.

Thanks, you show that forrest itself works.
So the bin/*.bat etc. must be okay.

However what about editing a text file with
favourite Windows text editors, e.g. try editing
forrest.properties in a seeded site.
Are the line-endings okay? With/without cygwin?

-David

Re: line-endings on Windows?

Posted by Schumarer <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't have any problem with the line-endings when I edit a file using a
text editor like notepad. So I think if it works with notepad (the most
basic text editor ever), it should work with everything else.
(With Ultraedit it works ok too)

RE: line-endings on Windows?

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

I edited forrest.properties and a couple of xml source files,
no problems at all.

Gav...