Posted to user@roller.apache.org by zi...@free.fr on 2007/02/14 12:57:10 UTC

Module for user registration before posting reactions

Dear all,

Do you know if it is possible to have a registration / authentification process
before posting a reaction ?
The objective here is not to have unregistered messages and identity usurpation.

Is there any existing module or add-on ? If not, is it planned for the next
release ?

I'm using Roller 2.3

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Alexandre

Re: Module for user registration before posting reactions

Posted by Alexandre B <le...@gmail.com>.
Sounds very interesting,

Have you changed the Authenticator yourself or created a new one ?

Will it be possible to propose that authentication to the community users
(at least for the ones interested in it) ?

(even if I don't use a LDAP directory, it might be good to gather ideas)

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Alexandre B

Posted by "Alexandre B." <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mostjiko <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rguggenb <gu...@wuestenrot.at>.
I'm looking for this feature too.
If an user has already logged in he can post a comment (name of poster is
the the username); if he isn't logged in he'll see an info "you are not
logged in" with an link to the login form.

Posted by rguggenb <gu...@wuestenrot.at>.
I'm looking for this feature too.
If an user has already logged in he can post a comment (name of poster is
the the username); if he isn't logged in he'll see an info "you are not
logged in" with a link to the login form.

Re: allow all users to add entries

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
Basically what Linda is describing is the difference between aggregating
content vs. group blogging.  So instead of having all users blogging in
a single blog, you can have them all working on individual blogs and
then pull their collective entries together to accomplish the same thing.

You can always get at all entries from all weblogs if that's all you
need, but as Linda suggests you can also do this for specific topics
using tags.  This is a new feature of the 3.1 release which is about to
come out.

-- Allen

Posted by Linda Skrocki <Li...@Sun.COM>.
http://blogs.sun.com/main/feed/entries/atom?tags=sun

Dmitriy wrote:

>Sorry.
>
>Can you explain how "keyword/tag based aggregated blog
>entry" works?

I can't tell you much about *how* it works, but here's an example of a
feed based on blogs.sun.com entries that have the "sun" tag:
http://blogs.sun.com/main/feed/entries/atom?tags=sun

>Can I tie all users for a specific blog to allow
>posting entries?

Not sure I understand the question, but you can invite all registered
users (one by one) on your site to be contributing members of a single
blog. See section 5.4:
http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-3.1/roller-user-guide.pdf

ls

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry.

Can you explain how "keyword/tag based aggregated blog
entry" works?
Can I tie all users for a specific blog to allow
posting entries?

> --- Linda Skrocki <Li...@Sun.COM> wrote:
>
> > We've had this requested by Sun bloggers as well,
> > but opt'd for
> > keyword/tag based aggregated blog entry feeds
> > instead since the requests
> > were usually tied to a specific event or topic.
> >
> > ls
> >
> > Dave wrote:

> > post
> have
> > be
> > >

> > > OK. I see what you mean. No, that is not
> possible
> > via configuration.
> > >
> > > - Dave

> blog
> > have

> > entries?

> > Autos'

> love
> Pleasures
> > list.

> The fish are biting.
> Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search
> Marketing.

It's here! Your new message!

Re: allow all users to add entries

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.
Can you explain how "ensure the consistent use of
corporate systems" works?

Posted by Linda Skrocki <Li...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: war installation on linux

Posted by Luiz Costa <lu...@sbcglobal.net>.
Interesting! I got the same error, installing on Windows 2K, and
possible because of my lack of experience with Roller, could never find
the problem.

war installation on linux

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.

Re: bulk user creation

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.
There's one issue with approach 1. In the properties
files it states:

# Atom-like Admin Publishing Protocol (AAPP) - this is
an experimental admin
# protocol based on ideas from the Atom protocol.
# Intended only for interoperability testing. DO NOT
ENABLE IN PRODUCTION

Why not enable in production?

--- Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com> wrote:

> Well, the short answer is that there is no official
> way to do that.
>
> There are some alternatives though ...
>
> 1. Jeff Blattman has contributed a nice feature
> which allows for
> administrative tasks to be done via a web service
> based on atom.  I've
> never actually used it myself and can't say exactly
> what shape the code
> is in, but it's worth a try.  The service endpoint
> would be /<roller
> ctx>/roller-services/aapp/ and you need to enable it
> by putting this in
> your config file ...
>
> webservices.adminprotocol.enabled=true
>
> Jeff, can you comment on how someone might get setup
> to use this?
>

> 2. The other option is the old school approach, just
> write some of your
> own code to do the job.
>
> -- Allen
>

> Dmitriy wrote:
> > That's a great question. Is automatic asignment to
> > author permission to all or specific blogs
> possible
> > via configuration?
> >
> > --- jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a good way to create a large number of
> >> users that doesn't
> >> require doing them one by one in the web
> interface?
> >> Being able to
> >> bulk-add existing users as authors to a specific
> >> blog would be very
> >> useful too.

> > Looking for earth-friendly autos?
> > Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Yahoo! Autos'
> Green Center.
> > http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

Re: bulk user creation

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Re: bulk user creation

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.

bulk user creation

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

RE: [POSSIBLE SPAM] - Re: Module for user registration before posting reactions - Sending mail server found on dnsbl.sorbs.net

Posted by Willy Cheng Lei Ping <CL...@dsta.gov.sg>.
Message Classification: Unclassified
Hi,

Can you disable the functions to send emails to me.  Probably
unsubscribe me from this roller.  Thanks.

posting reactions - Sending mail server found on dnsbl.sorbs.net

Hi All,

Did anybody ever figure out the answer to this?

Moreover is there a way to further integrate Roller with other
applications in a way that user login is unified and if the user is
logged into the application and wants to go to roller the app can mark
this user as logged in?

Thank you

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

This e-mail is intended only for the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the named addressee (or have received this e-mail in error), please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution or copying of the contents in this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you.

allow all users to add entries

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Dmitriy Rudakov <di...@yahoo.com>.